- Apr 23, 2017CUFI Evening Session
- Apr 23, 2017CUFI Morning Session
- Apr 16, 2017Hilasterion (propitiation) Rom. 3:25
- Mar 26, 2017God’s Voice Gone Silent (Micah 3)
- Jan 29, 2017Who is Jesus To You? (Luke 2:11)
- Jan 1, 2017Goal Setting Biblically (Phil. 3)Jan 1, 2017Goal Setting Biblically (Phil. 3)Question for all of us is does it matter that we set goals? So many people have resolutions for the new year and that gets nowhere so should we really set any goals for the next year?The way you answer that will determine what your outlook on many things in life are. You see most of us set goals such as where we want to be as a family a few years from now (have a house, 3 kids, 1 dog, etc.) though its not on paper. We set a budget for the church-heres the amount we will more than likely spend-heres what we think we will bring in. Many of us even have goals for our retirement and how much we want saved by the time we retire-though for some of us that is a more difficult goal to attain than others. It is a good thing to have goals in life and most of us do whether its on paper or not we have an idea of where we want to go. You see its when we take a close look at scripture is when we start getting a picture of the kinds of goals Christ and his disciples had for the ultimate mission-reaching others with the gospel of the kingdom. We are going to take a look at some of these goals set by those in scripture and specifically look at the Apostle Paul in Phil. 3.Paul understood the following as he set his goals:
- That things he could boast in religiously were worthless compared to Christ Himself (vs. 3-7)
- That he had to put aside his own desires to know Christ more intimately (vs. 8-12)
- That the past was in no way going to stop him from pursuing more in the future (vs. 13-14)
- That the church needs to be unified together in their pursuit of Christ (vs. 15-21)
- Find a Bible Reading plan and read through the Bible this year. So many of us have started and never finished. Stick it out!
- Find a portion of Scripture on something maybe you are struggling with or need encouragement and commit it to memory.
- Find a place in this church to help where it is needed. There are areas lacking helping that could use more. Thank you to those that have volunteered and approached me about helping out in the school. Remember that we are all one body so even if the ministry isn’t really where you can help or really minister in thank those that help and pray for them.
- If you see a need that has not been met meet that need for the gospels sake. Give to a project that needs funding, give of your time to others that need encouragement, you see something that is not currently being done in the church that church could benefit from and you can do it-do it as to the Lord!
- Make it a priority this year to find someone around you that you can develop a relationship and give them the gospel message. We will intentionally this year pursue whatever means necessary to bring folks the gospel and be an encouragement to those that are in the body.
Apr 9, 2017
Faith, Salvation, and the Word (Eph. 6:16-19)
- Apr 9, 2017Faith, Salvation, and the Word (Eph. 6:16-19)
- Apr 2, 2017Properly Fitted Footwear (Eph. 6:15)
- Mar 19, 2017Righteous Living Is Vital (Eph. 6:14)
- Mar 12, 2017You Need It All (Eph. 6:10-14)
- Mar 5, 2017What Are You Fighting Against (Ephesians 6:10-13)